Home » Archives by category » Columns » Artifact of the Week
Artifact of the Week: Milk bottle from Port Colborne Dairy

Artifact of the Week: Milk bottle from Port Colborne Dairy

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is a milk bottle from Port Colborne Dairy donated by Verna Walker to the museum. Port Colborne Dairy The Port Colborne Dairy on Killaly Street was one of the several delivering milk and cream to the local […]

Artifact of the Week: Shoe last from Humberstone Shoe Company

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Shoe last from Humberstone Shoe Company
Artifact of the Week: Shoe last from Humberstone Shoe Company

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact features a show last from the Humberstone Shoe Company donated by Audrey Kerr. Humberstone Shoe Factory The Humberstone Shoe Factory had its beginning in a small shop owned by C.C. Knoll on Main Street about 1900 where […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Compass from John O. McKellar lifeboat

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Compass from John O. McKellar lifeboat
Artifact of the Week: Compass from John O. McKellar lifeboat

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is the compass from the lifeboat of the vessel John O. McKellar donated by Gordon Gonyou. The S.S. John O. McKellar The S.S. John O McKellar launched in 1952 was designed and built by Weller Dry Docks […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Sir John Colborne Coat of Arms

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Sir John Colborne Coat of Arms
Artifact of the Week: Sir John Colborne Coat of Arms

Welcome to Artifact of the Week from Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is the Coat of Arms of Sir John Colborne, Baron Seaton, donated by Graeme Ott. Sir John Colborne Sir John Colborne, 1st Baron Seaton, served as Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada from 1828 until 1836. Colborne was an avid supporter […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Iron used in William Mehlenbacher’s tailor shop

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Iron used in William Mehlenbacher’s tailor shop
Artifact of the Week: Iron used in William Mehlenbacher’s tailor shop

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is an iron used in William Mehlenbacher’s tailor shop donated by Dorothy Butcherd. William Mehlenbacher In 1896, William Mehlenbacher, a tailor, moved to Humberstone where he opened a shop on Main St. Within a few months of […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Coverlet woven by Edward Graf

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Coverlet woven by Edward Graf
Artifact of the Week: Coverlet woven by Edward Graf

Welcome to this week’s Artifact of the Week presented by the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is a Coverlet woven by Edward Graf. Edward Graf IN the 1850s, Edward Graf, a weaver, moved to Gasline and began a business of weaving that would last nearly a century, later carried on by […]

Continue reading …
Page 1 of 6123Next ›Last »