Home » Archives by category » Columns » Artifact of the Week (Page 3)

Artifact of the Week: Humberstone S.S. #6 School Sign

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Humberstone S.S. #6 School Sign
Artifact of the Week: Humberstone S.S. #6 School Sign

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week presented by the Port Colborne Marine and Heritage Museum. This week’s artifact features the Humberstone S.S. #6 School Sign. Bethel School S.S. #6 Humberstone This wooden medallion was likely mounted on the front door of the 1866 brick schoolhouse. The 1866 brick building replaced a log schoolhouse that […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Graybiel Ledger

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Graybiel Ledger
Artifact of the Week: Graybiel Ledger

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Marine and Historical Museum. This week’s artifact is the Graybiel Ledger donated by Mr. Wm. D. Fear. The Graybiel Ledger In 1791 an unknown Pennsylvania blacksmith made the first entries in this ledger, one of the oldest books in the museum collection. In 1793, […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Projecter lens from the Strand Theatre

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Projecter lens from the Strand Theatre
Artifact of the Week: Projecter lens from the Strand Theatre

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact features a projector lens used at the Strand Theatre donated by Ron Baer. The Strand Theatre 1939 – 1969 The Strand Theatre was located at 59 Clarence St., where the Royal Bank is today. In the early […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Uniform worn by Levi O’Neil

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Uniform worn by Levi O’Neil
Artifact of the Week: Uniform worn by Levi O’Neil

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is the uniform worn by Levi O’Neil of the Port Colborne Volunteer Fire Company, donated by Jack O’Neil. Port Colborne Volunteer Fire Company The Port Colborne Volunteer Fire Company was formed after The Alert Fire Company disbanded […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the Week: Adding machine from Imperial Bank

Comments Off on Artifact of the Week: Adding machine from Imperial Bank
Artifact of the Week: Adding machine from Imperial Bank

Welcome to the Artifact of the Week from the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact features an adding machine from the Imperial Bank, donated by W. Wm. Lisicky. Imperial Bank of Canada In 1872, the Niagara District Bank Opened in Port Colborne, it was later absorbed by the Imperial Bank of Canada […]

Continue reading …

Artifact of the week: Brick manufactured at Deterling Brickyard

Comments Off on Artifact of the week: Brick manufactured at Deterling Brickyard
Artifact of the week: Brick manufactured at Deterling Brickyard

Welcome to the artifact of the week presented by the Port Colborne Historical and Marine Museum. This week’s artifact is a brick that was manufactured at the Deterling Brickyard donated by Lois McLaren. Deterling Brickyard John C. Deterling ran a brickyard at Miller Road and Concession 2 at the time Humberstone Township was incorporated in […]

Continue reading …