Port Colborne Fire Code Violation Conviction

On March 15, 2017, the owners of 346 Davis Street were convicted in provincial Offences Court for failing to comply with the Ontario Fire Code and were fined $7,500 in accordance with the provisions of the Fire Protection and Prevention Act.

On December 17, 2016, Port Colborne Fire and Emergency Services responded to a complaint of no smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in a residential unit. During the following investigation of the four-plex, multiple infractions with the requirements of the Ontario Fire Code were found.

Mayor Maloney commended Port Colborne Fire and Emergency Services for their diligence in protecting citizens residing in these residences, “The safety of our residents is of the utmost importance. Our Fire Department will continue to inspect and enforce the laws with respect to fire safety.”

At the time of this press release, the property at 346 Davis Street is in compliance.

Port Colborne’s Fire Chief reminds all residents that smoke alarms are mandatory under the law and any residence with a fuel fired appliance or attached garage requires a carbon monoxide alarm.

CNW News

 


 

Like our Facebook page to get the most up-to-date stories in your newsfeed.

 

Help support Erie Media, please make a voluntary donation

Our payment processor is PayPal. Don't have a PayPal account? No problem. PayPal processes major credit cards including Visa and Mastercard.PayPal does make use of cookies and popups, if there is a problem accessing PayPal, you would have to enable cookies and popups. Or send a cheque payable to Erie Media for any amount you wish: Erie Media, 12 Nickel St., Port Colborne, ON. L3K 1A9.