Hornblower Niagara Cruises press release – Hornblower Niagara Cruises is set to launch its seventh season on the Niagara River on Canada Day, July 1/2020.
The iconic Voyage to the Falls boat tour to the base of the thundering Niagara Falls is set to resume operation following the economic shut down in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. With Niagara Region set to move to Stage 2 of the province’s re-opening plan June 19th, Hornblower is getting ready to once again provide its guests the most stunning view of Niagara Falls.
“It is safe sailing for everyone,” says Mory DiMaurizio, Vice-President and General Manager of Hornblower Niagara Cruises. “We are excited to welcome guests back to Canada’s most memorable experience, but rest assured we are doing so with the health and safety of our guests and staff as our number one priority.”
Hornblower will be instituting a series of safety measures this season, including:
- Timed ticketing and reduced guest capacity on the twin catamarans Niagara Thunder and Niagara Wonder.
- All guests and crew members are required to wear face coverings or face masks when on the property and on-board the boats.
- Guests will undergo a health screening, including temperature checks prior to being permitted on the property.
- Increased cleaning frequency for high-contact areas as well as increased access to hand sanitizer stations throughout the property.
- Best practices for physical distancing, including the use of floor markers, directional arrows, communication signage, installation of plexiglass at service counters and reduced guest capacity on the funicular, elevator and boats.
- Crew Member health checks at the start of their shift, more frequent training for staff, ample access to personal protective equipment as well as increased hygiene, disinfection and sanitation practices.
The Voyage to the Falls boat tour will set sail every 15 minutes between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. every day between July 1st and November 1st.
Mobile entry tickets are available for purchase online at niagaracruises.com or day-of tickets are available at the Hornblower Ticket Plaza or using Hornblower’s on-site Ticket Kiosks.
Follow Hornblower on Facebook and Instagram @niagaracruises.