Home » Archives by category » Emergency services » Fire services (Page 3)

Animals perish in Wainfleet barn fire

Comments Off on Animals perish in Wainfleet barn fire
Animals perish in Wainfleet barn fire

One person was sent to hospital for smoke inhalation and several animals perished in a small barn fire in Wainfleet Friday morning, March 1/2019. Firefighters were on the scene of the fire on Hewitt Rd. until the early afternoon. “Several animals were in the barn at the time of the fire,” a press release from […]

Continue reading …

St. Catharines bars fined for overcrowding

Comments Off on St. Catharines bars fined for overcrowding
St. Catharines bars fined for overcrowding

City of St. Catharines press release – Two St. Catharines bars were fined for overcrowding by the Ontario Court of Justice. The operators of Daisy Dukes Boots and Bourbon Bar (117 St Paul St.) pleaded guilty on Tuesday, Feb. 12/2019, to an Ontario Fire Code charge for exceeding occupancy, or overcrowding, in its main bar […]

Continue reading …

Fire consumes Welland church

Comments Off on Fire consumes Welland church
Fire consumes Welland church

A major fire has consumed a church in Welland Sunday, Feb. 24/2019, leaving the parishioners of the Be in Christ Church on Lincoln St. without a place to worship.

Continue reading …

Welland firefighters rescue dog from recreational canal

Comments Off on Welland firefighters rescue dog from recreational canal
Welland firefighters rescue dog from recreational canal

Firefighters from the Welland Fire and Emergency Services Department rescued a full-size Rottweiler that had gone through the ice and was in the water in the Welland Recreational Canal Saturday, Feb. 16/2019. “Just before 9 a.m. this morning crews were called to the recreational canal at Ontario Rd,” deputy chief Adam Eckhart said. “A full-size […]

Continue reading …

Tenants lucky in recent Welland structure fire

Comments Off on Tenants lucky in recent Welland structure fire
Tenants lucky in recent Welland structure fire

Tenants in a home newly converted into tenant apartments on Welland St. are lucky after a fire broke out on the main floor of the two-story structure Sunday Feb. 3/2019. The main floor had no working smoke alarms. “The occupant of the main floor discovered the fire and went upstairs to notify the other tenants,”: […]

Continue reading …

Thawing frozen water pipes causes Port Colborne house fire

Comments Off on Thawing frozen water pipes causes Port Colborne house fire
Thawing frozen water pipes causes Port Colborne house fire

Port Colborne’s Fire and Emergency Services Department responded to a house fire at 108 Sugarloaf St. in Port Colborne in the late morning Thursday Jan. 18/2019. “The cause of the fire was due to careless use of a heating device to thaw an external frozen pipe,” a press release from the City of Port Colborne […]

Continue reading …