A new resolution to add to the list — reducing your food waste.
In Canada, the issue is enormous, with over 873 pounds of food per person wasted every year. But with approximately 47 per cent of food waste occurring at home, you can have a bigger impact than you think.
Hellmann’s has been a champion of real food for over decade, believing real food is too precious to waste. Through the Real Food Rescue, they want to inspire Canadians coast to coast to make simple changes to reduce food waste with quick tips and recipes.
This Spanish omelette brings together spicy chorizo and hearty potatoes for a delicious brunch that can be enjoyed again as an easy weeknight dinner. Customize the ingredients to use up leftovers from the fridge and explore other flavours from around the globe.
Spanish Chorizo Omelette
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 mL) chopped chorizo
- 1 lb (450 g) new potatoes or all-purpose potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Beat eggs, mayonnaise, parsley and black pepper in small bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Lightly brown chorizo in large nonstick skillet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring gently, until onions are almost tender; about 5 minutes.
- Add egg mixture. Cook over low heat, lifting set edges of omelette with spatula and tilting pan to allow uncooked mixture to flow to the bottom. Cover and cook until omelette is set, about 5 minutes. Garnish, if desired, with additional chopped parsley.
Source – www.newscanada.com