Getting a healthy dinner on the table doesn’t have to be intimidating or time-consuming. Here, Tori Wesszer, registered dietitian and blogger at Fraiche Nutrition, shares one of her go-to meals that’s sure to become a weeknight favourite.
Honey Orange Glazed Salmon with Orange Almond Couscous
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 11/2 lb whole wild salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat couscous
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (2-3 onions)
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Florida Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare salmon by removing skin and bones (if attached) and cutting into 4 to 6 fillets. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Whisk together all salad dressing ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In medium saucepan, combine orange juice, honey and ginger root and bring to a simmer. Reduce by half, remove ginger, and set aside.
4. In another medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add couscous and 1 tbsp of olive oil, stir and remove from the heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
5. Once cooled, add arugula, green onion and almonds. Toss salad with dressing.
6. Coat large frying pan with 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Place salmon fillets in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes, then flip. Immediately add orange sauce to the pan. Spoon it over the fillets to make a glaze while cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until salmon is done.
7. Serve glazed salmon over couscous salad and enjoy.
Meal prep hack: To save time, buy pre-washed greens and make salad dressing in bulk for the week.
Find more recipes at www.floridajuice.com/ca.
Source – www.newscanada.com