Niagara College press release – Prospective students and their families can discover what Niagara College has to offer, explore its trailblazing programs and state-of-the-art campuses, and speak to current staff and students – all from the comfort and safety of home this fall.
On Saturday, November 21, 2020, Niagara College will host its Fall Virtual Open House. This live, interactive online event – which will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – is an opportunity for future students to learn about NC’s innovative programs, facilities and services, along with a chance to win a $2,000 credit towards their NC tuition (for Fall 2021, Winter 2021, or Spring 2022).
“Although current circumstances prevent us from welcoming visitors to our campuses in person during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are looking forward to giving our future students and their families a warm ‘NC virtual welcome’ on November 21,” said NC president Sean Kennedy. “For those preparing to embark on this important chapter of their educational journey, NC’s Virtual Open House is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to connect with our students, staff and faculty, and find out firsthand why the Niagara College experience is truly like no other.”
NC’s Fall Virtual Open House offers an inside look at the College’s Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campuses, with 360-degree views of the grounds and facilities. Through virtual narrated tours, future students can walk the vineyards and gardens, and get a sneak peek inside labs, classrooms, learning enterprises, student centres, eateries, athletic facilities, residences and more.
Visitors who attend the interactive event will have access to:
- Live information sessions about College programs, and a question-and-answer period with NC team members (including current students) on the day of the event;
- Recorded information sessions with panels of NC experts discussing available student services and supports;
- Engaging information about the College’s schools and programs, including curated YouTube playlists of video sessions with NC staff, faculty and students;
- Registration for one-on-one virtual visits and virtual college exploration sessions – booked for a date and time that works for prospective students; and
- Direct contact information for the College’s recruitment team members in regions across Ontario and beyond.
Registration is required for the event and is now underway. Attendees are encouraged to log in prior to November 21 to review Virtual Open House content, including schedules for live information sessions. In addition to a chance to win a $2,000 tuition credit, those who register before Thursday, November 19 at 11:59 p.m. will be eligible for a chance to win one of 10 $100 Amazon gift cards.
Visit niagaracollege.ca/openhouse for more information and to register. Recorded content from the event will be available on the Virtual Open House website for one month following the event.