Niagara Health press release – Niagara Health is honoured to receive four national communications awards from the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) as part of its annual Awards of Excellence program.
- Canadian Health Care Campaign of the Year: Gold award for Route NH
- Employee Engagement/Internal Communications Campaign of the Year: Gold award for Route NH
- New Product/Service Launch: Silver Award for the Niagara Health Engagement Network (NHEN)
A record number of 192 submissions were entered into this year’s national awards competition. Route NH was also selected from among all submissions as the Campaign of the Year, for demonstrating outstanding creativity, strategic planning and overall excellence in public relations and communications management.
“What an honour for Niagara Health to be nationally recognized for our communications efforts related to these strategic priorities,” says Caroline Bourque Wiley, Director of Communications at Niagara Health. “The COVID-19 pandemic has really reinforced the importance of strong, strategic communications, and I’ll be ever grateful to the communications team for the many ways they go above and beyond to produce impactful work.”
The Awards of Excellence are annual, peer-reviewed awards, judged nationally by CPRS Accredited Public Relations Professionals. These awards recognize the work of PR industry professionals from across Canada.
Our Corporate Communications team is proud to accept these awards on behalf of NH and would like to thank everyone whose work contributed to the success of these strategic initiatives. In particular, we’d like to recognize the Quality, Patient Partnerships & Relations and Information and Communications Technology teams and our Patient Partners, as well as the District School Board of Niagara, for their partnership. We’d also like to thank our patients, families and community partners for their contributions to these initiatives.
More information of NH’s winning initiatives:
- Route NH was a nine-month communications campaign developed to support Niagara Health’s quality and safety journey related to Accreditation 2019. Niagara Health earned Accreditation with Exemplary Standing, the highest accreditation rating. Learn more about quality and safety at NH here.
- The Niagara Health Engagement Network award recognizes the communications strategy developed to support Niagara Health’s commitment to the NHEN and to patient and family engagement. Learn more about the NHEN here.