TD Niagara Jazz Festival, 2017’s Best New Festival in Ontario, announced its full line up this week at the Hare Winery Co. in Niagara-on-the-Lake, a perfect blend of expertise, creativity and good fortune. This year’s festival runs from July 28th – July 30th, 2017.
The TD Niagara Jazz Festival is proud to be carrying the banner that reads TD – NJF, and thanks the ongoing support of TD Canada Trust, and Coby Hawkins in particular – District Vice President. This mutually beneficially partnership has allowed the TD Niagara Jazz Festival to grow, mature and maintain its high level of quality performance.
Their contribution today of $50,000 is evidence of their continuing support of the festival, now going into its 4th year.
“TD has been on board with the Niagara Jazz Festival since the very beginning in 2014, and we are proud to support local arts throughout Niagara, especially jazz.”, Coby Hawkins said.
This year the festival is also fortunate enough to have received funding from the Province of Ontario’s Media Development Corporation (Ontario Music Fund), Celebrate Ontario, Ontario 150, Canada Summer Job, and Ontario’s Summer Experience Program.
Special recognition is also made to the contribution of the Niagara Region, the City of St. Catharines, the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
The TD Niagara Jazz Festival also acknowledges the support of many other local businesses and groups, including the Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library, White Oaks Resort and Spa.
All of these funders, partners and sponsors represent the huge amount of support that the TD NJF is receiving from the community, which enabled it to received the prestigious award of Best New Festival in Ontario, for 2017.
“We are so appreciative of the support we have from the community and granting bodies and recognize that building a not-for-profit festival is a collaborative effort”, said Juliet Dunn, TD NJF Co-Creator and Executive Director. “We are thrilled with how this year is shaping up to be the best one yet, and we are thoroughly enjoying presenting our Canada 150 initiative: LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite.”
TD Niagara Jazz Festival 2017 Season line up
1 – Thursday, March 30th – 7pm – 9pm – LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite: Media Launch – The Exchange Brewery – Niagara- on-the-Lake
2 – Thursday, April 6th – 7pm – 9pm – LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite: Bebop in the Brewery – The Exchange Brewery – Featuring: Kevin Turcotte Niagara-on-the-Lake – SOLD OUT!
3 – Thursday, May 11th – 7pm – 9pm – LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite: Dames in the Distillery – The Wayne Gretzky Distillery – Featuring: Heather Bambrick and June Garber – Niagara-on-the-Lake
4 – Tuesday, June 6th – 11:30am – 1:30pm – The Hare Wine Co – Niagara-on-the-Lake – Official TD NJF Media Launch – Invitation only (Media, TD NJF Team, VIP’s, VIP Weekend Pass holders) *** TD presents sponsorship cheque ***
5 – Thursday, June 8th – 7pm – 9pm – LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite: Sax
in the Vineyard – Henry of Pelham Winery – Featuring: Pat LaBarbera and Brian Dickinson – St. Catharines $25 + HST SOLD OUT!
6 – Thursday, July 6th – 7pm – 9pm – LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite: Vibes
in the Vines – Stratus Vineyards – Featuring: Randy Stirtzinger and Graham Lear – Niagara-on- the-Lake $25 + HST
Almost SOLD OUT!
7 – Thursday, July 27th – 7pm – 9pm – Jazz Art Exhibit – NAC (Niagara Artist Centre) TBC
8 – Friday, July 28th – 8pm – 11pm – Jazz and Funk in the City – Flagship Event – FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre – Featuring: Adrean Farrugia Trio + Chops n’ Soul with Joel Parisien
– St. Catharines $49 + HST
9 – Friday, July 28th – 10:30pm – 1:30am – Jazz Jam in the City – Mahtay Café and Lounge – TD Niagara Jazz Festival House Band led by Randy Stirtzinger – St. Catharines FREE
*** Reserved for VIP’s and VIP Weekend Pass holders) ***
10 – Saturday, July 29th – 11:30am -1:30pm – Jazz on the River #1 – Dixieland Jazz Cruise on the Niagara Belle – Featuring: Dr. Jazz and the Jazzbugs – Boarding at Queenston – $69 + HST
11 – Saturday, July 29th – 11am – 7pm – Jazz in the Park – Simcoe Park – Niagara-on-the-Lake
Fallsview Fiesta Stage:
- 11:00am – Welcome Speeches
- 11:15am – Jazz for the Ages Youth Winners (TBC)
- 11:45am – DANCE LESSON with the Niagara Lindy Hop Club 12:25pm – Cinnamon’s Children’s Choir performance
- 12:30pm – Jazz.FM 91 Youth Big Band
- 1:30pm – DANCE LESSON with the Niagara Lindy Hop Club 2:15pm – Jimmy Stahl Big Band
- 3:00pm – DANCE LESSON with Dancefit Niagara 3:35pm – CHOIR NATION
- 3:45pm – Zach Preston Latin Ensemble
- 4:45pm – DANCE LESSON with Dancefit Niagara 5:30pm – Romulo Delgado Tentet (Salsa Band)
12 – Saturday, July 29th – 11am – 7pm – Jazz in the Park – Simcoe Park – Niagara-on-the-Lake
Henley Honda Stage:
- 11:45am – Melissa-Marie Shriner Jazz Trio
- 1:30pm – Shirantha Beddage Quartet
- 3:00pm – Barbra Lica Quartet
- 4:45pm – Robert Fekete Quintet
- 5:30pm – Raffle ticket booth on stage (Chance for a FREE trip to New Orleans)
13 – Saturday, July 29th – 11am – 7pm – Jazz in the Park – Simcoe Park – Niagara-on-the-Lake
Long and McQuade LIVE LEARN JAZZ Stage:
- 11am – 12:30pm – Choral singing with Cinnamon Jones
- 1pm – 2pm – ‘Anything is Possible’ with Dave O’Neill
- 2:30pm – 3:15pm – Workshop (TBC)
- 3:45pm – 4:45pm – Jazzy Juniors workshop with Sophia Perlman
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm – Workshop (TBC)
- 14 – Saturday, July 29th – 11am – 7pm – Jazz in the Park – Simcoe Park – Niagara-on-the-Lake
TENT TALKS Stage
Times and speakers (TBC)
15 – Saturday, July 29th – 8pm – 11pm – Soul Jazz in the Vineyard – Featuring: The Andrew Craig Trio and Cinnamon Jones – The Hare Wine Co – Niagara-on-the-Lake $49 + HST
16 – Sunday, July 30th – 11:30am -1:30pm – Jazz on the River #2 –
Dixieland Jazz Cruise on the Niagara Belle – Featuring: Dr. Jazz and the Jazzbugs – Boarding at Queenston – $69 + HST SOLD OUT!
17 – Sunday, July 30th – Jazz on the Rise – Megalomaniac Winery – Vineland
- 11:00am – Opening Remarks
- 11:15am – 11:45am – Jazz for the Ages Youth Winners (TBC)
- 11:45am – 12:45pm – Turbo Street Funk
- 1:15pm – 2pm – Juliann Kuchocki & Dave Restivo Duo
- 3:30pm – 4:30pm – Stu MacDonald Quartet
- 6pm – 7pm – Hammerton, Wagler, O’Neill Trio
18 – Sunday, July 30th – Megalomaniac Winery – Vineland
LIVE LEARN JAZZ: A Canadiana Suite Stage
- 11:30am – 11:45am – Jazz for the Ages Youth Winners (TBC)
- 12:45pm – 1:15pm – Sophia Perlman Duo
- 2pm – Celebrating Moe Koffman – Featuring: Bernie Senensky’s Moe Koffman Legacy Band with Bill McBirnie – $39 + HST
- 4:30pm – Celebrating Great Canadian Females in Jazz Opening act: Ashley St. Pierre Trio – Featuring: Laila Biali – $49 + HST
- 7pm – Celebrating Oscar Peterson – Featuring: John Sherwood Trio: John Sherwood, Dave Young* and Terry Clarke* $59 + HST
19 – Sunday, July 30th – Festival Wrap Party and Jazz Jam – Cat’s Caboose – 11pm – 2am – Led by Randy Stritzinger – St. Catharines ~ *VIP Invitation ONLY (TD NJF Team + Volunteers, VIP’s, Weekend Pass holders, Musicians) *
Get your WEEKEND PASS today to be included in ALL of these events. Tickets are already selling out!
- VIP JAZZY PASS (Events #7 through #15): $149 + HST
- VIP MEGA TRIO PASS (All Megalomaniac events #18): $99 + HST
- VIP WEEKEND PASS (ALL events from #7 – 19): $249 + HST
- *** Weekend passes also include SHOP STAY LISTEN cards (discount shopping
cards), SWAG bags and other perks! Details will be mailed out upon purchase.
MASTER CLASSES / WORKSHOPS / CLINICS
1 – Wednesday, May 10th – So you wanna be a jazz singer… Vocal Jazz Boot camp with Heather Bambrick – Laura Secord Secondary School – 7pm – 9pm –St. Catharines $20 (participants) / $10 + HST (auditors) / FREE (High School students) – Completed
2 – Friday, June 9th – Improvisational Jazz Clinic with Pat LaBarbera – Niagara Artists Centre –St. Catharines $15 (participants and auditors) / FREE (High School students)
3 – Date TBC – Master Class with Graham Lear – NOTL Public Library –Niagara-on-theLake $20 (participants) / $10 + HST (auditors) / FREE (High School students)
4 – Saturday, July 29th – Singing with Cinnamon: Children’s Choir Experience with Ms. Cinnamon Jones Simcoe Park 11am – 1pm $20 (includes activity / swag bag) * Choir will perform their song on the Fallsview Fiesta Stage at 12:25pm! (see above)
5 – Saturday, July 29th – ‘Anything is possible’ with drummer Dave O’Neill – Simcoe Park. FREE
6 – Saturday, July 29th – Children’s Choir Experience with Sophia Perlman Simcoe Park $20 (includes activity / swag bag)
* Choir will perform their song on the Fallsview Fiesta Stage at 3:35pm! (see above)
Source – TD Niagara Jazz Festival press release